Looking for a machine to burn intense calories and level up your fitness at home? Do it effectively with an elliptical stair-stepper combo. An elliptical stair-stepper combo is a piece of excellent exercise equipment that simulates the experience of hiking or climbing. If you have one, you don’t have to go outside hiking to get fitness.
Elliptical and stair climber combo machines are built around the most efficient movement stepping/climbing. It provides some of the best cardiovascular/lower-body strengthening workouts you can get from a fitness machine [There’s no way to deny it].
So, if you want to make your home gym more beneficial, investing in an elliptical stair climber would be a wise choice. You have nothing to worry about it. Because it’s easy to use, provides less impact exercise, takes a little space (some models take a bit more), and is not so expensive like other home-gym equipment.
There are plenty of brands and categories of stair climber ellipticals. It generally creates confusion about which brand is best and which one to buy! Our experts narrowed the field down and found out the 6 Best Elliptical Stair Stepper Combo machines available right now in the market.
- Best for Small Spaces: Sportsroyals Mini Stair Stepper with Resistance Band
- Best Mini Stair Stepper With Handlebar: Sunny Health & Fitness Stair Stepper
- Best Budget Premium Vertical Climber: Sportsroyals Stair Climber Elliptical Combo (Vertical Climber)
- Best Elliptical Stepper (2 in 1): Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical (Cardio Climber)
- Best for Safety: Jacobs Ladder Stairway GTL
- Best Advanced and High-Tech Elliptical Stepper: ProForm Pro HIIT H14
Read about each Elliptical stair stepper combo machine in detail.
1. Sportsroyals Mini Stair Stepper with Resistance Band
The Sportroyals mini Stair stepper is a strong, lightweight, small stair stepper elliptical combo perfect for home use. You’ll find two non-slip rubber paddles you can use to simulate your favorite stair stepper exercise. Not only that, you can use the two removable resistance bands to challenge your upper body as well.
|Space uses||: 0.23 square meters|
|Weight capacity||: 330lbs|
|Warranty services||: 30-day free trial and 1-Year warranty|
Why we picked: Best for small spaces
- Works on the lower and upper body(resistant band) simultaneously
- Small spaces friendly
- Build-in monitor
- Wide Non-Slip Pedals
- low-impact twisting action
- No resistance level
- No heart rate monitor
Who Should Buy The Sportsroyals Mini Stair Stepper
- Anyone who wants a portable exercise equipment
- Folks who wish to effective little fitness equipment for home.
- People who want to cost-effective fitness machine for home
- People who want simple machines without advanced technology.
Who Shouldn’t Buy The Sportsroyals Mini Stair Stepper
- Aged people who are unable to balance their body well shouldn’t buy this.
- Folks who want advanced technology in their fitness machine.
Though this machine is not the most advanced stepper in the market, it allowed for a solid sweat despite its simplicity. You can move it around, and it won’t take too much space and is not that expensive. It is perfect equipment for fitness-conscious people with low-budget.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Stair Stepper
The Sunny SF929965 stair stepper elliptical is a portable, lightweight twist stepper for home. The handlebar of this machine reduces the risk of miss-balance, and the resistance band improves upper body muscles. The height-adjustable design and multi-functional LCD level up the user experience and give top satisfaction.
|Item Dimensions||: 23 x 18.4 x 49.7 inches|
|Weight capacity||: 250lbs|
|Product weight||: 24.3lbs|
Why we picked: Best option of mini stair stepper elliptical combo with handlebar
- Height adjustable handlebar
- Upper (resistance band) and lower body exercise
- Space and Budget-friendly
- Build-in monitor
- Manually adjustable resistance
- Creates little noise
- No heart rate monitor
Who Should Buy The Sunny Health & fitness stair stepper SF020065
- People who want a mini stepper with a handlebar.
- People who want a cost-effective machine should buy this!
- Anyone who wants a space-friendly lightweight equipment
- Folks who want simple and effective equipment for an intense workout
Who Shouldn’t Buy The Sunny Health & fitness stair stepper SF020065
- People who want advanced technology in their fitness equipment.
- Folks who wish to rock-climbing motion in fitness equipment.
This elliptical stepper combo is perfect for those who don’t want to spend a significant amount of money and want an effective exercise machine. Despite its simple mechanism, it can give you hardcore exercise.
3. Sportsroyals Stair Climber Elliptical Combo (Vertical Climber)
The Sports Royals vertical climber ellipticals simulate more like climbing on rock than stair climbing. This all-level step elliptical gives intense sweat while using. The motion from the handle and paddles give a whole-body intense exercise. Not only that, You don’t need a lot of space to place it. Let’s check out the prices and make one yours.
|Space uses||: 25.6 x 30.2|
|Height||: 50.2- 78.7 inches|
|Weight capacity||: 300 Lbs|
|Product weight||: 32 Lbs|
Why we picked: Best Vertical climber on a premium budget
- Works on arms, core, and legs muscles.
- Dynamic design
- Space and budget-friendly
- Build-in LCD monitor
- No resistance level
- Creates natural lite noise
- No heart rate monitor
Who Should Buy The Sportsroyals Vertical Climber Exercise Machine
- People who want a complete body workout with their stair climbing machine.
- Anyone who is looking for a cost-effective stair climber.
- People who want a piece of equipment that fits in narrow spades.
- Anyone who wants a simple machine without advanced technology
- Folks who don’t want to drop a massive sum of money for new equipment.
Who Shouldn’t Buy The Sportsroyals Vertical Climber Exercise Machine
- People with unwell health conditions who are unable to perform intense workouts shouldn’t buy this.
- Folks who want actual stair-stepping motion.
While most of the traditional stepper gives mainly lower body benefits, this machine is different. The workout Sports Royals Vertical Climber provides on the upper body, lower body, and core is enough to level up your fitness quickly.
So, if you want a space-friendly, lightweight, and budget stepper elliptical for an entire body intense workout, then you can buy this vertical climber.
4. Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Cardio Climber Cross Trainer Machine
The Sunny Health & Fitness 2-in-1 elliptical stepper combo is a classical machine that benefits from using the stair stepper and elliptical. So, this machine allows you to switch between two different workout options. The handlebar of this elliptical helps to balance your body while working out. There are 8 resistance levels, too, so you can change resistance to make your workout harder to reach the next level.
|Product dimensions||: 44 L x 25 W x 64 H inches|
|Product weight||: 69.3 Lbs|
|Weight capacity||: 260|
Why we picked: Best (2-in-1) elliptical stepper trainer
- Magnetic tension system
- Heart rate monitor
- Build-in device holder
- 8 resistant level
- Build-in Digital monitor
- A little bulky
- Makes minimal noise
Who Should Buy The Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Cardio Climber Cross Trainer Machine
- People who want a unique workout that combines the movement from two different machines.
- Folks who have enough budget to buy a fitness machine.
Who Shouldn’t Buy The Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Cardio Climber Cross Trainer Machine
- People who aren’t looking to spend a lot of money on elliptical stair climber combos.
- Folks who want a classic stair climbing workout.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Cardio Climber Cross Trainer is equally beneficial for adults to seniors. It allows seniors to perform the most demanded joint-friendly elliptical workout and adult elliptical and stair stepper combo workouts. So if you want the benefits of using elliptical and stair-climber using one piece of equipment, this machine could be your best choice.
5. Jacobs Ladder Stairway GTL
The Jacobs Ladder step climber is a commercial grade gym class equipment. This joint-friendly equipment is perfect for the gym because it’s durable and perfect for all ages. You can use this at home too, but you need big spaces to place it in that case. This cardio equipment gives an intense workout with the most safety. All you need to have this one is a big space in the exercise room and plenty of money.
|Product Dimensions||: 30.5 x 54 x 75.5 inches|
|Product weight||: 300 Lbs|
Why we picked: Best for safety
- Joint friendly
- Ideal For High-Intensity Interval Training
- Safe to use
- Suitable for all ages
- Tolerable noise
- Heart rate monitor (wireless)
- Not suitable for small spaces
Who Should Buy The Jacobs Ladder Stairway GTL
- People who have enough space for exercise equipment
- Folks with a big budget for buying exercise machines.
- People who want an actual stair stepper machine.
Who Shouldn’t Buy The Jacobs Ladder Stairway GTL
- People who don’t have enough space to keep exercise equipment.
- Folks who want portable, lightweight stepper elliptical.
- People who don’t want to spend a significant sum of money on exercise equipment.
The Jacobs Ladder Stairway GTL will give you close feelings of climbing on actual stairs. Press the ON button to start the machine and use the arrows on display to speed up or slow down. At that time, the wide handle gives extra safety.
6. ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Trainer
The ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Trainer is one of the most advanced and best home gym equipment for personal training. This iFit enabled Elliptical stepper combo opens a wide range of exercising options. For example, iFit weight loss, Google Maps trial run, a live class with a personal trainer, and so on. In the beginning, you will get a free iFit personal online trainer, but after a certain period, you have to pay for a monthly/yearly subscription.
|Item Dimensions||: 66 x 29 x 52 inches (L*W*H)|
|Weight||: 225 Lbs|
|Weight capacity||: 325 Lbs|
|Warranty||: 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor|
Why we picked: Best for tech-savvy
- iFit enabled device
- 26 digital resistance
- Auto adjust resistance
- 14” smart touchscreen display
- Build-in fan, speaker, & bottle holder
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance gives a noise-free experience.
- Preloaded exercise program
- Build-in Heart rate monitor
- Bit costly
Who Should Buy The ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Trainer
- Anyone who want gym class exercise at home
- Have enough money to buy and are willing to pay iFit subscription fees.
- Who wants to taste the wide range of exercise experiences using one machine.
- People who are fond of high technology equipment can buy this diamond.
Who Shouldn’t Buy The ProForm Por HIIT H14 Trainer
- Folks who don’t want to pay a significant amount of money for buying equipment and don’t want to pay extra for an iFit personal couch.
The ProForm Pro HIIT Trainer has 34 preloaded workout programs that guide users to perfect exercise at home. As this elliptical step machine is iFit enabled, one can perform thousands of different workouts using it. When using this machine, the resistance will change over time automatically to fit the program you are performing.
This complete guide maybe help you on How to Use Proform Elliptical Without iFit.
Thinks You Should Consider before Purchasing an Elliptical Staire Stepper Machine for You
Imagine you buy an elliptical stepper, and it breaks within a few days. Isn’t it horrible? The very first thing to consider before purchasing fitness equipment is its weight capacity. You can’t blame the product or take warranty services for broken products if your weight is more than 200 pounds and your product weight capacity is 150 pounds. So, before buying any fitness equipment, ensure your weight is less than the machine’s weight capacity.
Heart Rate Monitor
It’s essential to have a heart rate monitor in exercise equipment. During exercise, heart rate gradually increases over time. At that time, equipment with a heart rate monitor shows heartbeat per minute results to guide users when to stop. If heart rate exceeds 185 per minute during exercise, it could be dangerous. So, if you want to buy any elliptical stair stepper for seniors or for someone who has heart problems, make sure the machine has a heart rate monitor before buying it.
Imagine having a noisy elliptical stepper, and you have to tolerate it every morning! Terrible dreams! Isn’t it? That’s the reason you have to ensure that your desired product creates zero or lite noise. But sometimes, a noise-free machine starts making irritating sounds. In that case, you have to lubricate your elliptical. It will make your machine noise-free and smooth. But if you buy a product that has a core noise problem, you have no option to get rid of it. So before purchasing any stepper machine, make sure it’s noise-free.
After buying a machine and using it for a few days creates a bond, and people start loving to use it. What if your favorite equipment stops working in a few days! It won’t make you happy. Another fact is, a fitness product is not that cheap and lightweight that you can change it like a cloth. That’s why you have to be conscious enough about product durability before purchasing one.
The resistance levels allow the user to switch task levels from more accessible to more complex. Exercising on stair ellipticals for a few weeks with the same level of resistance makes the task easier. It happens because using fitness equipment strengthens body muscles. You can’t increase your stamina and endurance gradually using a machine with the same resistance level. So, if you buy a stair stepper just for calories burn and maintaining fitness, then it’s ok to buy with no resistance level. But if you want to increase your strength, endurance, and stamina, go for the product with a resistance level.
Warranty is a sign of product stability. It ensures that the product is good and that you have nothing to worry about within a certain period. Buying a product with no after-sales services creates uncertainty. In that case, if your product stops functioning within a few days, you can’t claim support from the product company. So, be smart and buy stepper ellipticals with warranty services.
Why You Should Consider Our Picked Products? How did We pick for You?
We do intense research on thousands of products to ensure the best quality. Let’s have a look at things we consider to pick up the best choice:
Buying branded products is always a wise choice. But sometimes, it costs more and goes out of affordability. At that time, we concentrated on building materials.
To ensure product quality, considering building materials is extremely important. We research to ensure the materials used in the product are not thick and strong enough. But sometimes, a strong effect lasts not so long because of poor design. The best way to ensure product durability is to find out product history.
A good product always stands with a good history. It comes from user satisfaction. It’s impossible to get fame with qualityless products.
Sometimes some reputed companies use tricks to reduce costs. They minimize quality to make products cheap and still get massive sales. That’s why we constantly check recent user reviews.
User reviews tell the actual truths about products. But negative reviews are not wrong every time. There is almost no product that has a lot of reviews, and all of them are positive. Because sometimes users make mistakes by own and blame products or, because of some minor Cons. We read all positive and negative reviews. If the positive reviews overcome negativity, then we select.
It’s important to have warranty services because it assures users about product stability and gives inner satisfaction about getting services for specific periods. That’s why most of the quality brands provide warranty services. And that is the reason we consider warranty service an essential factor before selecting the best options.
Stair stepper ellipticals are great for strengthening lower muscles and getting overall fitness. But which one is the best elliptical stair-stepper combo for you depends on your needs and budget. We hope our article was helpful to you. If you still have questions about the stair climber elliptical combo, feel free to comment below!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are mini stair steppers effective?
Ans: Mini stair steppers are a fantastic way to achieve an effective cardio workout and engage lower muscles. This machine is also very effective in losing fat because it burns calories very fast and gives intense sweats within a few minutes of use.
Q: Is a stepper better than a treadmill?
Ans: The treadmill and stair stepper both machines offer good aerobic workouts if we find which one is better! It depends on the user’s wants to figure out which one is better. Treadmills are great for heart health and overall fitness. On the other hand, stepper ellipticals are great for cardiovascular workouts, burn calories, and engage your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves.
Q: Does the stair stepper count as Cardio?
Ans: Obviously yes! Exercising on a stair stepper elliptical regulates the blood flow very fast and increases heart rate gently. Any exercise that increases blood flow gets the heart rate up and keeps it up for a long time is defined as Cardio.